Motorcycle Insurance in Vancouver and Ridgefield, WA
Protection for the Open Road
Whether you ride a street bike, cruiser, touring bike, or even a custom chopper, your motorcycle is synonymous with two things: freedom and adventure. You enjoy the freedom and excitement of the open road and long for the adventure it brings. But with adventure comes uncertainty, and with freedom comes responsibility. And while you may not know what lies over the next hill, the right coverage can ensure that you are prepared for it all.
A Motorcycle Insurance policy from Altech Insurance Agency is designed to be as unique as the bike and the owner it protects. Make sure you choose the protection that is right for you with a range of coverage options to secure you and your bike, such as:
- Collision Coverage
- Damage caused by Uninsured or Underinsured Motorists
- Bodily Injury Liability
- Property Damage Liability
- Medical Payments Coverage
- Guest Passenger Liability
Ride Safe With These Motorcycle Tips
Motorcyclists know that riding gives them a freedom that driving a car just can’t match. But the best riders also know that motorcycles require more focus to operate and don’t provide the same protections cars do in the event of a crash. The best riders also take great care in all situations, whether they’re in heavy traffic on I-5, stuck in the rain or just taking a quick ride on a perfect day.
If your habits aren’t as safe as they could be, or if you’re new to motorcycling, don’t worry! Instead, take time to improve. The quick safety tips below are a great place to start.
Want more? Check out the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (http://www.msf-usa.org) or the American Motorcyclist Association (www.americanmotorcyclist.com). And remember to give us at Altech Insurance a call at 360-573-3080 when you need to get coverage for your bike (or your home or auto, boat or more)!
First Things First
- Wear proper safety gear and, most importantly, a helmet – no matter how short your trip may be.
- Make sure you can be seen by other motorists. Make it easier for them by wearing reflective clothing, always using turn signals (and perhaps hand signals as well) and keeping your headlight on.
- Even when taking the above precautions, stay alert and assume that other drivers don’t see you — especially at intersections and when making lane changes or passing.
- Be patient. Don’t tailgate, and if someone is tailgating you, get out of their way.
- Don’t ride after drinking or taking any medications that could impair your abilities.
Riding at Night
- Again, make sure you’re visible — particularly at dusk. Consider upgrading your headlight or adding other lights to your ride. Is your bike black? What about your clothing? Both will make you more difficult to see at night.
- Your vision needs to be clear, so keep your visor or goggles clean and free from scratches. If you don’t use face or eye protection, consider it.
- Carry a flashlight or other emergency gear with you so a mechanical problem doesn’t leave you stranded — and invisible — on the side of a dark road.
- Keep rain and cold-weather gear handy. Riding isn’t just more enjoyable when you’re warm and dry — it’s safer, too.
- Use extreme caution when it first begins to rain, as the roads are most slick at that point. Pull over and wait if necessary. It’s better to be late than ride in unsafe conditions.
We wish that all of your rides could be on sunny days with wide-open roads, but we know that’s not going to happen. So think about safety every time you start up your bike!
Additional Motorcycle Coverage Options
At Altech Insurance Agency, our service does not stop when you walk out the door. With special features like additional Roadside Assistance, Towing and Labor Costs, and Replacement coverage for custom parts and equipment, you will never be alone on the road. You can even receive multi-policy discounts and safety course rewards to help you combine and save.
Our team of professional insurance representatives will assist you in deciding which Motorcycle Insurance plan is right for you by determining the discounts and special features you may be eligible to receive.
Prepare for whatever the open road may bring with a comprehensive Motorcycle Insurance policy from Altech Insurance Agency.